I am happy that Bill joined us for this race. That brought our number of hands up to 4 so now worries, right?
The radar showed some local cells approaching our area so the race started later then the usual 6:30 PM start and we were the only boat in our division as other sailors just did not like the look of the radar images and stayed put at the club. I’m glad I brought a bathing suit with me to wear in the cockpit.
We may have finished 1st in our division but we got wet, really wet. It was kind of wondrous to see, hear and experience the rain coming across the river and lose sight to the north due to low clouds and threatening weather. The threatening part was mostly about rain and not high winds and hail so it rained in waves. Some overhead thunder was heard.
The river and the wind showed their moodiness. The clouds came low and dumped their white walls or veils of rain over the water. The wind was never strong but was fickle as always. The river current changed to S about the time of the race.
- 2014, November – begin bow stem repairs
- 2013, August 28. No race.
- 2013, June 20 – 23. Overnighter with old friends.
- 2013, May 2nd. Re-core work party.
- 2013, April 15th. Prepare for launch.
- 2012, October 28th and onward. H’cane Sandy.
- 2012, October 9th. Overnight on Hudson from across the pond.
- 2012, September 23rd. Reflections on owning a boat.
- 2012, July 26th. Weekend outing.
- 2012, September 2nd. Couples day sail.
- 2008, November, MTK to HH delivery of a Bene 505
- 2012, July 11th. A reflection on main sails past and present.
- 2012, May 25 – 27th, Cape May, NJ to NYC
- 2012, May 23. Another race.
- 2012, April 20th. Making it right with the stuffing box.
- 2012, April 15th, launch.
- 2012, March 3rd. Install new prop shaft.
- 2011, November 30th. Begin drive train rebuild
- 2011, October 18th. Quick work visit and Cetol.
- 2011, August 29th, after Irene
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (9)
Hi Caleb….check this out http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=34
I’m Jonesing for a boat again… maybe one w/ a broken a-4 (priced accordingly) Your boat looks great
Thanks for checking in and the birthday wishes. I’d take you sailing on my T 27′ anytime with our attention hungry old Atomic 4 engine.
The electric angle is a nice idea but we needed new sails so the money went there instead ($$$$). It is a sail boat after all and needs sails.
The A4 engine is really a good engine once you get to know it. I’m still getting to know it and appreciate the simplicity of the design and we have been doing our own maintenance and saving a bundle thanks to Moyer Marine Inc. who specialize in Atomic 4 gasoline engines.
Our engine is 43 years old and still running.
I wish I took auto shop in high school though now that I’ve gotten my finger nails dirty.