I know that few people like to read statistics about someones race record but we have been smoking the beer can race courses. Tonight we finished first over the line for our division and got first place in our old Tartan 27′.
It is mostly about the divisions between PHRF ranges above and below 186 that create the “C” and “D” divisions in our non-spinnaker class. The corrected score usually favors us but in todays race we crossed the finish line first in our division and will win on corrected time as well.
It was a beautiful afternoon with light winds from the south and an ebbing current. We played the current by trying to get across the main channel and then heading north to our next mark.
It was a beautiful sunset when we crossed the finish line. A sliver of a moon hung a little behind the sun waiting to set. We sailed back to our mooring with just the two of us while the current changed back to the north with < 5 kt winds, no engine was required. We seem to make a pretty good team together.
- 2014, November – begin bow stem repairs
- 2013, August 28. No race.
- 2013, June 20 – 23. Overnighter with old friends.
- 2013, May 2nd. Re-core work party.
- 2013, April 15th. Prepare for launch.
- 2012, October 28th and onward. H’cane Sandy.
- 2012, October 9th. Overnight on Hudson from across the pond.
- 2012, September 23rd. Reflections on owning a boat.
- 2012, July 26th. Weekend outing.
- 2012, September 2nd. Couples day sail.
- 2008, November, MTK to HH delivery of a Bene 505
- 2012, July 11th. A reflection on main sails past and present.
- 2012, May 25 – 27th, Cape May, NJ to NYC
- 2012, May 23. Another race.
- 2012, April 20th. Making it right with the stuffing box.
- 2012, April 15th, launch.
- 2012, March 3rd. Install new prop shaft.
- 2011, November 30th. Begin drive train rebuild
- 2011, October 18th. Quick work visit and Cetol.
- 2011, August 29th, after Irene
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (9)
Nice! you guys do know your boat quite well and how to make the most out of it! Biggest difference between you and the others! testament to T27 owners…