- 2014, November – begin bow stem repairs
- 2013, August 28. No race.
- 2013, June 20 – 23. Overnighter with old friends.
- 2013, May 2nd. Re-core work party.
- 2013, April 15th. Prepare for launch.
- 2012, October 28th and onward. H’cane Sandy.
- 2012, October 9th. Overnight on Hudson from across the pond.
- 2012, September 23rd. Reflections on owning a boat.
- 2012, July 26th. Weekend outing.
- 2012, September 2nd. Couples day sail.
- 2008, November, MTK to HH delivery of a Bene 505
- 2012, July 11th. A reflection on main sails past and present.
- 2012, May 25 – 27th, Cape May, NJ to NYC
- 2012, May 23. Another race.
- 2012, April 20th. Making it right with the stuffing box.
- 2012, April 15th, launch.
- 2012, March 3rd. Install new prop shaft.
- 2011, November 30th. Begin drive train rebuild
- 2011, October 18th. Quick work visit and Cetol.
- 2011, August 29th, after Irene
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (9)
Category Archives: Caleb’s posts
If anyone ever tells you that sailboat racing is not a contact sport then they don’t race. Being on a cruising sailboat during a starting sequence with any wind near 20 knots can be a harrowing experience. Especially if you … Continue reading
despite low wind expectations, rain and bad traffic in NYC I made it up to Nyack to attempt our last Wednesday night race. We went out for the last race. No race. Just a few water pistols from other bored … Continue reading
I wasn’t really certain how comfortable our T27 would be with 4 full grown men on board for a few days but with the right crew, planning, supplies and weather we enjoyed ourselves for three nights. Planning for this get … Continue reading
After what might have been too much forethought, research and opinion gathering we finally had the materials, tools, ideas and time to tackle the leaking port side deck core that has plagued our boat since about the time of hurricane … Continue reading
A rumination about owning an older sailboat. I had been warned when we first bought “Odalisque” ten years ago that more maintenance items would come due quicker than with a newer, perhaps more expensive boat. “Odalisque” is now 45 years … Continue reading
While the computer models diverged a bit about Sandy’s predicted path early on it became quite clear to me that we would bear the brunt of some of the fury. I forget which day I went up to Nyack before … Continue reading
My old friend James D. was in NY from London and we had made arrangements to go for a sail and possibly spend the night aboard “Odalisque” on Tuesday, October 9th. We pulled it off in spite of a somewhat … Continue reading
Our usual Wednesday night racing crew took Julian and Aden out for a race on this wonderful end of summer, beginning of fall Sunday afternoon. One of the reasons I enjoy owning a boat is just to get out there, … Continue reading
It has been suggested by some that dressing shabbily after 50 is something to be avoided, at all costs. To those who question my sartorial tastes I give you the following comparison: Sometimes dressing for the part can put you … Continue reading