- 2014, November – begin bow stem repairs
- 2013, August 28. No race.
- 2013, June 20 – 23. Overnighter with old friends.
- 2013, May 2nd. Re-core work party.
- 2013, April 15th. Prepare for launch.
- 2012, October 28th and onward. H’cane Sandy.
- 2012, October 9th. Overnight on Hudson from across the pond.
- 2012, September 23rd. Reflections on owning a boat.
- 2012, July 26th. Weekend outing.
- 2012, September 2nd. Couples day sail.
- 2008, November, MTK to HH delivery of a Bene 505
- 2012, July 11th. A reflection on main sails past and present.
- 2012, May 25 – 27th, Cape May, NJ to NYC
- 2012, May 23. Another race.
- 2012, April 20th. Making it right with the stuffing box.
- 2012, April 15th, launch.
- 2012, March 3rd. Install new prop shaft.
- 2011, November 30th. Begin drive train rebuild
- 2011, October 18th. Quick work visit and Cetol.
- 2011, August 29th, after Irene
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (9)
Category Archives: Caleb’s posts
I was very happy that a few of us crew members thought fit to make sure that the reefing lines on this huge main sail were ready to go as we needed them after we left Montauk for the western … Continue reading
When we first started to race Odalisque we had trouble not being “DFL”, or dead folking last if we finished at all. We had the old, perhaps original main sail that came with the boat that could be circa 1967 … Continue reading
Traveling the 120 nautical miles from Cape May, NJ to New York City on a 1975 Allied Seawind Mark II 32′ ketch. The conditions we had were quite benign with winds only getting up to 15 knots briefly. It was … Continue reading
I know that few people like to read statistics about someones race record but we have been smoking the beer can race courses. Tonight we finished first over the line for our division and got first place in our old … Continue reading
So I installed the wrong size of packing into our stuffing box during our drive train re-build. I knew something was wrong when I had to build a tool to cram the 1/4″ stuffing into the box and banged it … Continue reading
Lots of work got us up to this point but we helped put the Odalisque in the water. We took about an hour to do a quick test sail in light winds once the sails were loaded on properly. She … Continue reading
When I arrived in Nyack the sun was starting to come out and the temperature was rising above 50F just before 2PM. Birds were chirping like it was the first day of spring, squirrels were burrowing for lost or forgotten … Continue reading
When we first bough our boat a good friend and fellow boat owner advised me against the 35 year old Tartan 27′ from 1967 we were considering because of it’s age. I listened to the advice and yet we bought … Continue reading
Owning a boat is a large responsibility and our old boat has numerous yearly, and more frequent maintenance chores that go along with ownership. Do you maintain your own house/apartment, car or other equipment? A boat is like a tiny … Continue reading