With a big push from Matt we managed to add 2 extra mooring pennants to Odalisque. The newly added pennants were our last retired set that are 3 – 4′ longer then our existing new pennants and will act as a backup to our primary set. Our sails have been taken down and bagged and the boom and spin pole are now housed in the cabin. Cowl vents are held in by butyl tape and copious amounts of duct tape were applied to things that should not move. All utilities are off and even the sink drain valve is closed. Whatever Mother Nature and the weather Gods hurl at us now will decide if we have done enough.
Tidal surge seems to be the big issue with hurricane Irene. It is a huge rotating mass of disturbed weather, nearly 400 miles wide which may cause a tidal surge greater then Gloria, Bob, or Ernesto; all hurricanes of fairly recent memory that have passed over Long Island, NY during my lifetime.
Odalisque survived what was then TS Ernesto on her mooring anchor on the Hudson by Nyack, NY in 2006. I am hoping that she will survive hurricane Irene however she comes.
- 2014, November – begin bow stem repairs
- 2013, August 28. No race.
- 2013, June 20 – 23. Overnighter with old friends.
- 2013, May 2nd. Re-core work party.
- 2013, April 15th. Prepare for launch.
- 2012, October 28th and onward. H’cane Sandy.
- 2012, October 9th. Overnight on Hudson from across the pond.
- 2012, September 23rd. Reflections on owning a boat.
- 2012, July 26th. Weekend outing.
- 2012, September 2nd. Couples day sail.
- 2008, November, MTK to HH delivery of a Bene 505
- 2012, July 11th. A reflection on main sails past and present.
- 2012, May 25 – 27th, Cape May, NJ to NYC
- 2012, May 23. Another race.
- 2012, April 20th. Making it right with the stuffing box.
- 2012, April 15th, launch.
- 2012, March 3rd. Install new prop shaft.
- 2011, November 30th. Begin drive train rebuild
- 2011, October 18th. Quick work visit and Cetol.
- 2011, August 29th, after Irene
- November 2014 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (9)